Welcome to our museums!
Boultenhouse Heritage Centre – Tuesdays through Fridays – 10 a.m.-2 p.m.
Campbell Carriage Factory Museum – by appointment only. Please call (506) 536-2541 or email email@example.com.
If you would like to arrange a tour outside these times, please contact us (information listed at the bottom of this page) and we’ll do our best to accommodate you.
Information for Visitors during COVID-19
We are excited to welcome you back to our museums, but these are unusual times. For the safety of everyone, please note the following:
- Please don’t visit if you’ve been out of the Maritime provinces in the last 14 days, exhibit symptoms of COVID-19, or have been caring for someone diagnosed with COVID-19.
- Please bring your entire “bubble” to visit, but social distancing must be maintained from other bubbles and from staff members.
- Every visitor will be required to use hand sanitizer (provided by the museum) upon entering.
- Only self-guided tours are available, but staff will be nearby to chat and answer questions.
- Masks are required if social distancing can’t be maintained, so we recommend that you bring one with you, just in case.
- Please use hand sanitizer (which will be provided) before checking out our gift shop items and publications.
- We still accept cash, but recommend credit or debit cards. We accept debit cards that have tap enabled and any credit cards.
- Our Research Centre is closed to visitors, but we welcome email and telephone inquiries. For a fee, we can do research, make photocopies or scans, and send information to you.
Founded in 1996, the Tantramar Heritage Trust is devoted to the preservation of heritage resources in the Tantramar region of southeastern New Brunswick, Canada.
The Trust owns and operates two museums, maintains a history and genealogy research centre, publishes books on local history, holds events and workshops, and much more.
Shipbuilding and seafaring, railroads and foundries, domestic life, and an amazing Research Centre. Come visit the oldest house in Sackville, a unique octagonal house, and a shipwright’s mansion, all in one place. As of June 16, hours are Tuesday-Friday, 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. or by appointment (contact info. at bottom of page).
One of the best examples of a 19th century industrial site in North America and the only original carriage factory left in Canada. Tentative opening date is Wednesday, July 1. Hours are Wednesday-Sunday, 12-4 p.m. or by appointment (contact info. at bottom of page).
Visit our Research Centre
The Centre contains books, periodicals, newspapers, articles, photographs, and genealogical information on Tantramar history. We welcome researchers, genealogists, and members of the general public to peruse our holdings and share information. Due to COVID-19, the Research Centre is closed to the public, but we welcome telephone and email inquiries (see below for contact information).