Please note that our museums and office are closed to public while we remain in the red phase of recovery.
Membership and Donations Campaign 2021
Don’t miss any of the events or information here at the Tantramar Heritage Trust. Check out the THT Membership and Donation Campaign 2021 to find out more about how and what it means to become a member.
You can also download the form here: THT 2021 Membership and Donation Form, fill it out and send it to the office either by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by snail mail to 29B Queens Rd., Sackville, NB E4L 4G4.
Our members are the lifeblood of our organization and we are very grateful for each and every one of you.
Welcome to our museums!
Boultenhouse Heritage Centre – Tuesdays through Fridays – 10 a.m.-2 p.m.
Campbell Carriage Factory Museum – by appointment only. Please call (506) 536-2541 or email email@example.com.
If you would like to arrange a tour outside these times, please contact us (information listed at the bottom of this page) and we’ll do our best to accommodate you.
Information for Visitors during COVID-19
For the safety of everyone, please note the following:
- Please don’t visit if you’ve been out of the Atlantic bubble in the last 14 days, exhibit symptoms of COVID-19, or have been caring for someone diagnosed with COVID-19.
- Please bring your entire “bubble” to visit, but social distancing must be maintained from other bubbles and from staff members.
- Every visitor will be required to use hand sanitizer (provided by the museum) upon entering.
- Only self-guided tours are available, but staff will be nearby to chat and answer questions.
- Masks are required upon entry to our buildings.
- Please use hand sanitizer (which will be provided) before checking out our gift shop items and publications.
- We still accept cash, but recommend credit or debit cards. We accept debit cards that have tap enabled and any credit cards.
- Our Research Centre is closed to visitors, but we welcome email and telephone inquiries. For a fee, we can do research, make photocopies or scans, and send information to you.
Founded in 1996, the Tantramar Heritage Trust is devoted to the preservation of heritage resources in the Tantramar region of southeastern New Brunswick, Canada.
The Trust owns and operates two museums, maintains a history and genealogy research centre, publishes books on local history, holds events and workshops, and much more.
Shipbuilding and seafaring, railroads and foundries, domestic life, and an amazing Research Centre. Come visit the oldest house in Sackville, a unique octagonal house, and a shipwright’s mansion, all in one place. As of June 16, hours are Tuesday-Friday, 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. or by appointment (contact info. at bottom of page).
One of the best examples of a 19th century industrial site in North America and the only original carriage factory left in Canada. Tentative opening date is Wednesday, July 1. Hours are Wednesday-Sunday, 12-4 p.m. or by appointment (contact info. at bottom of page).
Visit our Research Centre
The Centre contains books, periodicals, newspapers, articles, photographs, and genealogical information on Tantramar history. We welcome researchers, genealogists, and members of the general public to peruse our holdings and share information. Due to COVID-19, the Research Centre is closed to the public, but we welcome telephone and email inquiries (see below for contact information).