137-163 Church Street, Middle Sackville, N.B.
The cemetery was started by New England planters who occupied lands in the area following the expulsion of the Acadians. An Acadian chapel and cemetery had already existed in this vicinity.
Early Baptist churches, Beulah and Bethel, were located near this site. One of the first persons interred here was Valentine Easterbrooks (Estabrooks) Esq., of Warren, Rhode Island whose tombstone indicates his death occurred October 23, 1770 in his 48th year. He had been granted 1000 acres of land in the area in 1765.
The site is identified by a wooden sign which reads “FOUR CORNERS BURYING GROUND.”
|This site is listed in the Canadian Register of Historic Places ; for fuller details see Four Corners Burying Ground
|See Four Corners Burying Ground on “Find A Grave Web Site.”
Among those buried in this cemetery is Toler Thompson (1780-1846), noted for his work in draining the Tantramar Marshes.
Commemorative stones include one to the Tingley Family who settled in this area in 1763.