Home / John E. Fillmore House II
John E. Fillmore House II
|John E. Fillmore House II
93 York Street, Sackville, N.B.
|JOHN E. FILLMORE HOUSE II
c.1901This lot and the adjacent ones at 91 and 95 York Street were acquired by John E. Fillmore from Charles Pickard in 1901. Fillmore worked as a building contractor in Sackville for over 50 years. He build the houses that stand on these three lots c.1901. This one at 93 York he reserved for himself and here he and his family lived for 40 years. When he died in 1941 the properties were left to his two daughters. In 1961 the surviving daughter, Mabel Fillmore, sold them to D.W. Wilkinson who in turn sold them to lawyer Mark Yeoman in 1964. After several chanages in ownership the present occupants purchased the property in 1989.With a steeply-pitched roof the two-storey house has two two-storey bay windows. Extensions on both the west and east sides are later additions.
|This building is within the Town of Sackville Municipal Heritage Conservation Area B.