1927 – 2011This circular monument, erected in 2016, commemorates the Mount Allison University Memorial Library building which occupied this site at 152 Main Street, Sackville, N.B. from 1927 to 2011 until it was demolished to make way for the Purdy Crawford Centre for the Arts building, opened in 2014, seen in the background of this picture.
|The circular memorial contains two plaques. This plaque features an impression of the former Memorial Library.
The other plaque (below) summarizes the history of the site.
Memorial Library – University Centre
The location of the Purdy Crawford Centre for the Arts
When it opened it was the Universityís first building dedicated to library services.
At that time, the Memorial Library building was converted into the Student Centre
|Leroux, John and Thaddeus Holownia, A Vision in Wood and Stone: The Architecture of Mount Allison University (Kentville, N.S.: Gaspereau Press, 2016), pp.82-86.|