Home / Middle Sackville Superior School
Middle Sackville Superior School
|Middle Sackville Superior School
14 School Lane, Middle Sackville
|MIDDLE SACKVILLE SUPERIOR SCHOOL
1907School District No. 11 purchased just over an acre of land from Sackville merchant Josiah Wood in June 1907 on which to construct this two-storey building in the Queen Anne style. Officially opened on December 20, 1907, the school could house one hundred and sixty students.Middle Sackville Superior School offered all grades, replacing a one-room elementary school and a two-room Superior School built in 1894. The school operated until June 1974 but by that time it had become an elementary school offering grades one to four.
Since then a number of groups have occupied the building. Currently it houses the offices of Community Forests International which has worked to restore the building.
|See Jackson, K. and C. Scobie, Sackville Then and Now: New Brunswick’s Oldest Town in Photographs (Sackville, N.B.: Tantramar Heritage Trust, 2013, pp.68-69.