Compiled by Charles A. Armour, with additions by Allan D. Smith
This book is mainly a compilation of registry information on the 580 vessels built in Westmorland County during the period 1784 to 1910, and includes chapters on:
- Shipbuilding in New Brunswick,
- New Brunswick Shipping Registers and Other Registration Sources,
- The Pre-eminent Shipbuilders of Westmorland County (Boultenhouse, Chapman, Hickman, Ogden, Palmer, Purdy and Salter),
- Portraits of Westmorland Built Vessels, and
- Chronological Listings by Port, of Vessel Registration Data.
The 45 illustrations include 25 images of ship portraits, in colour — a special highlight of the book.
You can order our publications at our museums or by mail