- Genealogy of Early Tantramar Families
- Tantramar Local History and Photograph Catalogues
- Map of Tantramar Historical Sites and Photographs
- Sackville and Area History
- Tantramar History Links to External Sources
Main floor of the Anderson Octagonal House at the Boultenhouse Heritage Centre..
Hours and Appointments
The Centre is open year round but hours vary so please contact us for an appointment.
Members of the Trust have access to the Research Centre at no charge. All others are requested to make a donation. Photocopying may be done for an additional fee.
Established in 2007, this comfortable research facility is equipped with computer with Internet access and photocopier.
All publications and some of the genealogical and local history material are catalogued in a searchable database. We would be delighted to receive copies of Sackville area family histories not currently in our collection. If you have items you would like to donate, please contact us.
Examples of Various Tantramar History Holdings
- Over 300 publications on local and family history
- Periodicals of various genealogical associations
- Anniversary issues of local newspapers
- Genealogical material for over 150 and mentions of over 3000 families of Sackville and nearby communities
- Westmorland County Census records: 1770, 1820, 1851, 1861, 1871, 1881, 1891
- Westmorland County Marriage records: 1790–1901
- Westmorland County Cemetery records: Botsford Parish and Sackville Parish (2007)
- Albert County Marriage records, 1846–1887
- Microfilm of United Church Pastoral Charge records containing Sackville Stewards records 1799–1813; Baptisms 1800–1812, 1816–1838; Marriages 1880–1895; and Anderson Settlement Church records 1875–1901
- Numerous historical and more recent photographs and slides pertaining to Sackville and the immediate area.
- Early maps of Sackville
- Early business records of Sackville in digital format
*See The White Fence, #71 for a biographical sketch of Alex Purdy.