St. Mark’s Anglican Church and Cemetery,
59 Mount Whatley Loop, Mount Whatley, N.B.
which was constructed in 1821 and consecrated in 1836.
Under the leadership of Rev. Donald Bliss, this Church was replaced by the present St. Mark’s Church in 1880, the previous church being sold off at a public auction on 25 April 1881. The present church was consecrated on 29 June 1882.
The adjacent St. Mark’s Hall was built in 1896.
The cemetery dates from 1797.
|St. Mark’s Cemetery, Mt. Whatley, 1797.|
|St. Mark’s Mount Whatley, Sackville and Dorchester Anglican Ministries.
Estabrooks, B.H., The Westmorland Solution: A History of Anglican Churches in Westmorland Parish, 1772-1991, 2000.