109 York Street, Sackville, N.B.
Two stone pillars at the entrance were installed in 1936 and a large ravine that passed through the property was landscaped. In 1938 the name was changed to The Sackville Cemetery Company.
The Cemetery is a narrative of Sackville’s heritage and of the people from all walks of life who shaped its history.
Tantramar Historic Sites committee,
in co-operation with
the Sackville Cemetery Company,
and unveiled on 10 June 2007
|Stopps, Phyllis, “Sackville Cemetery to receive honour”, Sackville Tribune-Post, 6 June 2007, p.30.
“Historic Unveiling,” Sackville Tribune-Post, 13 June, 2007.
This site is listed in the Canadian Register of Historic Places ; see Sackville Cemetery
See Sackville Rural Cemetery” on the Find A Grave web site which lists all burials in the cemetery.
Leaflet Masters, Mariners and Merchants: A walking tour of Sackville Rural Cemetery Pioneer Section researched by Phylis Stopps (Town of Sackville, 2007)