65 British Settlement Road
The 22 Rectors who have served the church include Rev. G.G. Roberts, father of Sir Charles G.D. Roberts who is commemorated in the Roberts Monument adjacent to the church.
In 2005-06 a new hall was added at right angles to the sanctuarry with a connecting structure serving as the entrance to both buildings. A ramp provides handicapped access to the entrance.
Westcock, New Brunswick
Consecrated Sept.23, 1826 by
The Right Reverend
Lord Bishop of
of church building.
has welcomed worshippers
for one hundred years or more.
In commemoration of this fact
this plaque has been presented in 1967,
Canada’s Centennial of Confederation year,
New Brunswick Centennial Committee.Marker placed by New Brunswick Centennial Committee, in 1967.
Located to right of entrance door.
St. Ann’s, Westcock, Sackville and Dorchester Anglican Ministries.”125th Anniversary St. Anne’s [sic] Church,” The Sackville Tribune, 20 July 1942, p. 5.
Hamilton, Bill, “St. Ann’s Church Marks 185th Anniversary,” Sackville Tribune-Post, 18 September 2002, p.17.
Jackson, K. & C.Scobie, Sackville Then and Now: New Brunswick’s Oldest Town in Photographs (Sackville, N.B.: Tantramar Heritage Trust, 2013), p.61.
On Bishop John Inglis (1777-1850), see Fingard, Judith, “INGLIS, JOHN”, Dictionary of Canadian Biography, Vol. VII, pp. 432-436.