Home / Anchorage Carriage House
|Anchorage Carriage House,
78A York Street, Sackville, N.B.
|ANCHORAGE CARRIAGE HOUSE
1893This structure lies at the rear of The Anchorage and originally served as the carriage house for the the main building constructed in 1892-93 by Henry Powell.It was acquired by Mount Allison when the Anchorage was left to the university. In 1986 it was extensively renovated. Like the Anchorage House, the Carriage House is a residence for senior students: see Senior Student Small Residence Living.
|THE CARRIAGE HOUSETHIS BUILDING WAS ORIGINALLY A CARRIAGE HOUSE AND PART OF THE ESTATE OF CAPT. R.V. BENNETT (BROTHER OF THE RT. HON. R.B. BENNETT, PRIME MINISTER OF CANADA, 1930-1935).
THE RENOVATION WAS MADE POSSIBLE THROUGH THE GENEROUS ASSISTANCE OF THE THEMADEL FOUNDATION , AS A PROJECT MARKING THE BI-CENTENARY OF THE PROVINCE OF NEW BRUNSWICK, AND THE MARITIME TELEGRAPH AND TELEPHONE COMPANY , IN MEMORY OF DR. A MURRAY MacKAY, A FORMER MEMBER OF THE BOARD OF REGENTS OF MOUNT ALLISON.
OFFICIALLY OPENED, OCTOBER 3, 1986
Plaque unveiled 1986.
See in map of historic sites