|John E. Fillmore House III
95 York Street, Sackville, N.B.
|JOHN E. FILLMORE HOUSE III
c.1901This lot and the adjacent ones at 91 and 93 York Street were acquired by John E. Fillmore from Charles Pickard in 1901. Fillmore worked as a building contractor in Sackville for over 50 years. He build the houses that stand on these three lots c.1901. This house was rented for 20 years by Mount Allison Music Professor Dr. Harold S. Hamer who came to Sackville in 1927. When Fillmore died in 1941 the properties were left to his two daughters. In 1961 the surviving daughter, Mabel Fillmore, sold them to D.W. Wilkinson who in turn sold them to lawyer Mark Yeoman in 1964. The present owner purchased the property in 1975.The two and a half storey house has a hip roof and a single central dormer. On the ground floor there is a full width glassed-in porch, and on the second floor a verandah with a decorative railing. The stucco finish is most unusual for Sackville.