Home / Sackville Central School
|Allison Arms Apartments,
11 Allison Street, Sackville, N.B.
|SACKVILLE CENTRAL SCHOOL
1958This was the site of Sackville Central School, built in 1899 to house grades 1 through 11. That building burned down in a spectacular fire on 2 February 1957. It was replaced in 1958 by a new, two-storey Sackville Central School.That school closed in October 1980, and after serving as a school board office was sold and converted into the Allison Arms Apartments, seen here.
|Foundation stone, 1958.
||This stone was laid by Capt. R.V. Bennett, March 1958.
|See Jackson, K. and C.Scobie, Sackville Then and Now: New Brunswick’s Oldest Town in Photographs (Sackville, N.B.: Tantramar Heritage Trust, 2013), pp.70-71.